Mid-level C++ developer
General Arcade, porting and co-development studio that worked with a wide range of clients from indies to AAA developers, including From Software, Capcom, Devolver Digital, TinyBuild, and others, is seeking a Software Engineer with a rendering emphasis. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team on cutting-edge industry technologies.
What are you working on?
- Genres: Action, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Console
Team size and structure?
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
We are seeking a talented and motivated C++ developer to join our team and support the development of a port of a classic video game to modern platforms such as PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series. As a mid-level C++ developer, you will be responsible for working on various tools and utilities to manage game assets, implementing input systems, and UI programming. You will also be helping other team members, such as the lead graphics programmer and lead reverse engineer, on their tasks as needed. Specialized graphics programming skills are a plus, but not strictly required as you will be working under the supervision of the team leaders.
What kind of professional are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field;
- 3+ years of experience in C++ development;
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms;
- Experience with game development is a plus;
- Experience with graphics programming is a plus, but not strictly required.
What is important for us in a person?
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with team members;
- Decent English-speaking skill.
Why do we enjoy working here?
- Working on cool projects;
- Ability to grow as a professional;
- Professional development atmosphere;
- Free English class;
- An opportunity to get experience with modern gaming consoles.
What are the conditions and bonuses?
- Holidays according to the laws of the employee’s residence;
- Working remotely;
- Help with relocation to Kuala Lumpur if desired.
The selection process
If there are any public pet projects, a link to the repository is welcome. The first step of the selection process is an interview via Skype/Google Meet/etc. The interview would involve questioning about C++, data structures and algorithms. Test task depends on the result of the interview.